Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Request for info about WB Samantha

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SweetSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hi everyone,

    Nice to meet you. I'm new to the board, but not exactly new to AG. I always wanted a Samantha doll as a girl, but we could never afford one. I hope to buy a Sam soon, instead of just looking at her in the catalogs. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I'm debating going for a white body doll, and I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the differences btwn the WB dolls and the later dolls. For instance, I heard they have longer eyelashes and darker hair. Also, do they have a different face mold? Does Samantha's "meet" dress have more of a sheen to it than the later versions? Any help would be much appreciated. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a White body Sam,and her eyelashes are longer,her hair is longer,and it is a lighter brown.Her cheeks are rosy,and her vinyl is much softer!I love my White Body Sam.There is a picture of her in my avatar,and on my website.Welcome to the board!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SweetSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Thanks for your help! [img]smile.gif[/img] Your WB Sam is a real beauty!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Look in my Face Comparisons album for the two side by side and my other albums for pictures of my Samantha who came from Santa Claus to my sister in 1988.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My white bodied Sam has issues fitting into current clothing. I also have issue with the tights, none of them see to get over a PM backside. Her hair is lighter and longer than current ones.

    Ashley

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a White Body Sam and a White Body Kirsten.

    There are big differences! In my mind they are not the same dolls.

    1) Hair color is lighter and wig is softer.
    2) Eye color is different.
    3) Vinyl is softer, so is body. More cuddly.
    4) Face mold is slightly different - fuller cheeks, eye shape, etc.
    5) Pleasant Co. mark on the back instead of American Girl.
    6) Clothes fit a little differently.

    However, it is nice to get a new doll. And the Mattel dolls are lovely, too! You can't go wrong.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SweetSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks to you all for your help. I'm really torn... I'd like a WB Sam, but I'm afraid I won't be able to find clothes to fit her.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello and welcomed to the board!
    Sam is not such a big deal (in my opinion) when it comes to poor clothes fit.
    I have a white body Sam and DD has a PM tan body one, both have fit on most clothes fine.
    Felicity has had an awful time though! since her clothes are much more "to the body".
    Sam's clothes tend to be baggier, since that was the style for Victorian girls. The tights tend to be a problem, but there are plenty of other manufacturers that make great white or black tights.
    I love the expression and hair quality of my white body Sam, but as was said in a previous post, no matter which one you choose... you can't go wrong with this great girl.
    Best wishes on your selection!

    Ana [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SweetSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by henna1:
    Hello and welcomed to the board!
    Sam is not such a big deal (in my opinion) when it comes to poor clothes fit.
    I have a white body Sam and DD has a PM tan body one, both have fit on most clothes fine.
    Felicity has had an awful time though! since her clothes are much more "to the body".
    Sam's clothes tend to be baggier, since that was the style for Victorian girls. The tights tend to be a problem, but there are plenty of other manufacturers that make great white or black tights.
    I love the expression and hair quality of my white body Sam, but as was said in a previous post, no matter which one you choose... you can't go wrong with this great girl.
    Best wishes on your selection!

    Ana [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the help, I think I'll go for the WB Sam. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •